Missing from articles

More
11 years 8 months ago #20 by damnhoover
Sorry to bother you again,

At some point the SidePanel just disappeared from all of my articles. I can't figure out why or how to restore it. It still shows up on my homepage, but now nowhere else. I use NoNumber's Advance Module Manager to assigned it to the homepage's URL... and had assigned it to all of my articles at the category level, inculding all child items. But now it's just gone, and I'm in a bit of a panic.

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #21 by damnhoover
Replied by damnhoover on topic Missing from articles
Thinking back, I suspect the trouble began when I tried to use another instance of SidePanel JT1 at the top of the page. This caused the original version to remain stuck open... a problem that disappeard when I deleted the duplicate module.

Best,

Damnhoover

More
11 years 8 months ago #22 by damnhoover
Replied by damnhoover on topic Missing from articles
Another observation that may be of use: If I duplicate the module, and assign the new copy to articles in exactly the same way, it now appears. But now it's stuck in the open state, with the tab displayed to the right (see the attached screen shot).

What's more, when you click on that displaced tab another copy -which I assume is the original- now pops up, which makes me think that it has been there all along, but's too low to peak up above the bottom of the screen.

Finally, if I assign the module to the top position, instead of the bottom, it displays properly on all articles... I would just change the position but it just doesn't work with my setup.

All of which leads me to suspect that the adjustment that you were kind enough to make, to get the tab flush with the bottom of the screen on the homepage, somehow pushed it below visibility in the articles.
Attachments:

More
11 years 7 months ago #23 by damnhoover
Hi,

The module was definately there all along in my articles. just pushed down so that the tab didn't show up at the bottom of the page. But I figured out a way to keep the module jammed open at the bottom of every article, as shown in the screenshot, and I like it just fine that way because it reminds users to login and shortlist there favorite articles...

So please close this ticket, and thanks again for a great module,

Damnhoover
Attachments:

• admin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 7 months ago #24 by admin
Ok thanks for feedback

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds