Module adding blank text to html

More
11 years 6 months ago #42 by trax.namibia
Hi there,

This is quite a difficult one to explain and probably won't affect most sites, but it seems that the module is adding some blank text to the page in the module position. This is only an issue on Google Chrome.

I have tried inspecting all the module files but cannot see which on is adding the text.

Can you help?

Please go to map.namibian.org and then use either firebug or the Chrome inspector to see the output similar to the attached images.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #43 by trax.namibia
It seems that the attachments are not being uploaded. Can I email the screenshots to you?

More
11 years 6 months ago #44 by trax.namibia

• admin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 6 months ago #45 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Module adding blank text to html
Hello I ve checked your site both with firefox end chrome and I could not see any differences between. What kind of problem do you think that blank codes cause?

More
11 years 6 months ago #46 by trax.namibia
Thanks for getting back so quickly - In Chrome (or Safari) open the page and please do the following:

1. Zoom into the map until you see the map markers.
2. Click on one of the markers.
3. Click on "Book or Enquire"
4. DO NOT click on a date in the calendar.
5. CLICK on 'Booking Details'

At this point you should get a message "Please select one or more Nights before proceeding to Room Details"

When you click on "OK" the map will expand slightly at the bottom ('bottom' is the module position that I am using).

If I delete the blank lines in Chrome inspector or Firebug as per the screenshots that I sent you by email, this issue does not happen, so I assume that the blank line/s are causing the issue and are somehow inserted by the module.

• admin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 6 months ago #47 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Module adding blank text to html
OK I think that blank codes are not generated by sidepanel. When the chrome or firefox inspector is open If you click the little arrow (indent) at the left side of the script code that you think generates blank code you will see that it is generated by google map extension.

Time to create page: 0.281 seconds