Errors after updating from joomla 2.5 to 3x

More
7 years 5 months ago #867 by carley34
Hi,

I am trying to update a site from joomla 2.5 to 3.6.2 and am having issues with this module. I currently have version 1.3 installed.
On the live site (still running 2.5) pipecouplingsandclamps.com.au/ the module is working fine. However, the testing site pipecouplingsandclamps.com.au/website/ I am getting error messages and it's not displaying at all.

The error is:
Strict Standards: Non-static method modSidePanelHelper::getModuleById() should not be called statically in /home3/kcescoma/public_html/website/modules/mod_sidepanel_jt1/helper.php on line 240

Can you please help?
Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #868 by admin
hello

That problem was resolved on updated versions of Sidepanel. You should buy updated version according to Terms and Conditions. (... "2. Unlimited Usage
Our company provides a payment-based download service for our extensions. Your payment grants you the rights to download the product for limited time download. You have only one download right of download time current version of product for each payment. If you want to download the updated future version you need to make another payment and download the product for another period/download. Even after your membership expires, you may continue to use the product, so the extensions are not time-limited. Note that upgrades will only be available for who made a new payment.
")

That is a warning it is not an error. As new php versions released some functions are being deprecated and that causes some warning messages if you use that functions on your extensions. So we can hide that warning message without any harm. Open mod_sidepanel_jt1.php with a text editor and add that code:

error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE ^ E_STRICT ^ E_DEPRECATED ^ E_WARNING);

just after this line

defined('_JEXEC') or die(); Regards
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by admin.

More
7 years 5 months ago #869 by carley34
Thank you very much, that worked! :)

Time to create page: 0.488 seconds